Influences and Resources
- The Albany Free School: Making It Up As We Go Along by Chris Mercogliano; Teaching the Restless by Chris Mercogliano; Free To Learn documentary about AFS
- Coyote Mentoring, Nature Connection, and the Wilderness Awareness School: Coyote’s Guide to Connecting with Nature by Jon Young, Ellen Haas, and Evan McGown; www.wildernessawareness.org
- Rebeca and Mauricio Wild and The Pestalozzi Experiment in Education: Raising Curious Confident Creative Kids by Rebeca Wild
- Dr. Maria Montessori – the prepared environment
- Place-based Education by David Sobel - also see my post on place-based education on AltEdAustin.com
- Reggio Emilia – project-based curriculum: Working In the Reggio Way by Julianne P. Wurm
- Unschooling: Teenage Liberation Handbook by Grace Llewellyn
- Experiential education
- Summer camp style!
If you have any questions about these resources or how they are implemented at the schoolhouse, please contact Caitlin!